Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Wrap Up, February TBR

Books read in January (physical copies)
January was a great month. I read a lot of good books, keeping up a pretty good reading pace, and even got to use my rarely used Kindle. I swear, if I was allowed to bring it to work it would get more use out of it, especially since it's so hard to get books over here. While I didn't read nearly as fast as the first part of December, I kept up a decent and consistent pace, even though I didn't get many books read during the first part of the month. I read a total of six books, plus a short story and a novella on the Kindle.

Unfortunately for my budget, I also bought a lot of books this month. It was mostly paperbacks for Urban Fantasy series that I wanted to catch up on, but some hardcovers snuck in there as well. And since I've been spending so much money on books, I've decided that I need to go on a diet. I'm not going to quit altogether, because there are a lot of books coming out this year that I want to get, but I'm going to cut down as much as I can. Because I have four and a half shelves of books that I still need to read, so I honestly don't need any more.

February TBR, Minus One
For the month of January, I have seven books that I want to read. It's kind of a lot, but I have two books I'm borrowing and I ended up not reading most of my TBR for January, so it's kind of carrying over to February. So this month I'm going to try to read the following:


  • The Little Lady Agency, by Hester Brown - This one is on loan from my Mom. We have an agreement, for every one of my books she reads I have to read one of hers.
  • The Summoning, by Kelley Armstrong - Still on loan from my co-worker. I'm kind of struggling to get into this one.
  • Hollow City, by Ransom Riggs - The sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children.
  • The Book Thief, by Marcus Zusak - Carryover from January. I ended up going the reading club because they meet in the middle of the day, when I'm sleeping, but I still want to read it before I see the movie.
  • Late Eclipses, by Seanan McGuire - Urban Fantasy, book four, about faeries, need I saw more?
  • Opal, by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Sequel to Obsidian and Onyx.
  • Control, by Lydia Kang - Not pictured because it hasn't arrived yet. I will be reading this with a readalong on GoodReads with the BookTube community.
Have you read any of these? If you have, tell me what you think in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment