Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Things

Sometimes life has an annoying way of getting in the way of things.

This week has been a bit stressful at work, more so than usual, and it's carried over into my off days, where I've been too overwhelmed and stressed to do anything more than sit and crochet while watching movies. I've progressed a lot on the lap blanket I'm making, but other than that nothing has gotten done. Which is why I missed three days of blogging. I'm really sorry about that. I knew it was bound to happen at some point, but I'm still sorry it did.

But like all things in life, it's best to just acknowledge the mistake and move forward. So here I am, moving forward.

I've been in a really bad writing slump recently. Nothing seems to be able to pull me out of it, and while this is really good for my reading (I'm reading a ton nowadays) it's really bad for my future as a writer. Today I picked up my first novel and started re-reading it. I wrote it for the 2008 NaNoWriMo, and it was my first winning year. It's a great story idea, about a teenager girl who learns she is the Greek goddess Artemis, although at the time I wasn't the greatest writer. It definitely been a laugh, reading what I had written as a 19 year old. It's almost like taking a peek at my state of mind at the time, like a time capsule.

Someday, I'm going to finish getting this story publishable.

Starting today, I'm going to be back on schedule, so look for a post on Thursday, and again on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment