Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's All Just A Matter of Opinion

Unless it's fact (e.g. the sun is round, the Earth goes around the sun, etc.) everything is a matter of opinion. That song was great. This movie was amazing. That was the worst food ever. [insert type of person] are stupid. Those kinds of things cannot be stated as fact, and are statements that should be made with caution. Because someone somewhere didn't like that song, thought the movie was poorly made, loved that food, and wants to be [insert type of person].

So when you call me stupid and fadish for the kind of music I like to listen to, slam the type of movies I like, say mean things about the type of books I like, that hurts me and makes me upset. Just because your opinion is different than mine does not make it any more or less valid than mine. I don't slam your likes, so I'll thank you if you don't bash mine.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful for you introducing me to a whole bunch of new movies, books and music. I never would have found Alice, or Miss Peregrine's, or all things Korean! I love you, and pray constantly that HF is preparing someone who will love you too.

    ReplyDelete