Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Coming Soon

I need to write more. And not only do I need to write more, I need to include writing as a topic on this blog more often. Technically that's what the blog is supposed to be about, but I got a bit distracted. To fix this, I've come up with an idea. I already do regular posts on Sunday and Thursday. I never thought I would actually be able to keep up with that, but so far I have managed it pretty well. There have been a few times where I've slipped up on writing something interesting, but there's always been something to read on Sunday and Thursday.

So here's my idea: Once a week I find myself a writing prompt, either on creativewritingprompts.com, Sunday Scribblings, or the Brainstormer app on my iPad, and spend half an hour writing something based on that. I will then post that something here on Saturday, which will hereby be called Story Saturday. I will also include at the beginning what prompt I used, and you are welcome to take it and use it to fuel your own story-writing.

My goal is to improve my writing craft on a more regular basis, as well as give you something fun to read other than my sometimes ramble-y or dry posts.

Then maybe to even things out, I'll find some kind of series or other to post on Tuesdays, like Korea or food or something. It's going to be great.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: This is going to start next week, because this week was kind of hectic at work.

1 comment: