Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December Reading Wrap-Up, January TBR

On the first of each month, I'm going to post a little wrap up of everything I read the last month, and list out what I hope to read for the coming month.

Some of the Dec2013 books I read
December was a good month for my reading. At least, the first half was. I read six books in the first twelve days, which may be a personal record of some kind. The second half of the month wasn't quite as good, because I got stuck on a sequel that wasn't quite as good at the first one. And I lost a lot of reading time because of that. Eventually I skipped it and moved on, and I finally finished the month off with just one more book, bringing the total up to seven.

I bought a lot of books in December. And when I say a lot of books, I mean a lot. I wasn't keeping count of how many I bought, but I went to the English bookstore in Seoul at least three times, and got a bag full each time. And one trip I went to two bookstores. So my pile of books to read kind of grew a lot more than I wanted. But, I have a good feeling about this coming year. It's going to be a good year.

Jan2014 TBR
Now, normally I don't have any particular order for what I read. All my books sit together on the shelf and I pick out what strikes my fancy, much like at a library. But since I have so many books I have to read this year, I decided that I need a little bit more structure. Obviously it won't be too ridged, because I don't read like that. But it will at least be something like "I have to read something from this stack of books this month instead of just anything."

So for January I'm going to try to read the following:

  • The Book Thief, by Marcus Zusak - I'm joining a book club at the local library, and this is what they're starting this month.
  • Onyx, by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Because I just finished the first book and I'm really excited to see what happens.
  • Scarlet, by Marissa Meyer - I'm a little nervous about this one, because I don't know how much of the previous book, Cinder, I remember.
  • The Dream Thieves, by Maggie Stiefvater - Because I really should have read this sooner.
  • The Summoning, by Kelley Armstrong - I don't own this book, I'm just borrowing it from a co-worker, so I kind of have to read it as soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I liked Scarlet better than Cinder. But of course she leaves it in a cliffhanger though not as bad as the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, if there's a cliffhanger maybe I should wait until Cress comes out to read Scarlet... And I have heard a lot of people say they liked Scarlet better than Cinder. Which I think says a lot about Marissa Meyer as an author, if she can do better on a sequel.

    ReplyDelete