Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

At A Loss

Note: If you are not interested in K-Pop this might not be the most interesting post to read. I apologize, but it's something important to me.

I'm at such a loss for words right now. I think I've stared at the computer screen for ten minutes trying to think of what to say. I've yelled angrily, I've throwing things, I've stomped my feet, I've even cried. I've flashed back to when a hauntingly similar even happened. I went on to Twitter today and discovered it was flooded with the news that Kris, a Chinese member of the SM Entertainment group EXO is filing a lawsuit to terminate his contract with the company. The topic has been a worldwide trend for the past two hour. (edit: still worldwide trend after twelve hours) It makes me think back on when Han Geng left Super Junior and all the mess that was, and how devastating it was.

There's honestly not a lot of information out there. There are a lot of rumors, but the only facts known are this is a real thing, and Kris won't be performing with the rest of the group while they promote for their latest single, Overdose.

The outpouring of love from EXO fans all over the world is just amazing, and not only that, other fandoms have added their voices and support. But no matter how many fans beg and plead for him not to leave, it's up to him. If there is something going on in SME that he can't endure anymore, then he needs to get out while he can. That was what happened with Super Junior and Han Geng. And with DBSK and JYJ. Both from SME. I'm seeing a horrifying trend, that really REALLY needs to change, and soon before more singers have to resort to such an extreme action.

The thing is, line-up changes are more common that you think in K-Pop. My former favorite group, U-Kiss, is going through their third lineup change right now. But still, it is always heartbreaking to see something like this happen, especially when I've become so attached to the group as a whole.

I just hope this gets resolved quickly and cleanly, whatever Kris ends up doing. Because I don't think the fans, EXO as a group, and Kris as a person would be able to get through a long drawn out mess, like what Han Geng and JYJ had to go through.

Just some thoughts I had. I can't really thinking properly enough to write something that makes sense. And I keep getting distracted by staring into space or tearing up. Such is the life of a fan...

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment